Search this blog:

Custom Search

Monday, March 23, 2009

What I've been playing and my trombone

My first teaching book was a dutch originated book called "Horen, lezen, spelen 1" published by deHaske. You get a playalong cd with it and the lessons are just fine for a someone new to trombone playing. So the first pieces I ever played on my trombone came from this book.
At a certain moment I saw that the progress I made by teaching myself became inappropriate to get my playing skills to a higher level. This is when I decided to take courses in a local musicshool. I knew the director of the band where I play percussion and timpani was a former tromboneplayer and teached at this musicschool. I subscribed myself to take lessons and got an old method book from which my teacher studied too at young age. It is called "Prelude" and is written by Jan Van Beekum. Now about 1,5 years later I have almost finished the book.

Now for the introduction of something that is almost double my age: My trombone! It is a trombone made in England by Besson Internatonal (serial: 444024). Its a trombone I borrowed from a collegue musician from the band I play in. My guess is that it is an instrument made in the beginning of the sixties. It may be old, but is is a very nice beginner trombone and as you can see on the picture it can still shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment