Search this blog:

Custom Search

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Range progress

Since a few days my range has expanded to the high Bb on the first position. Sometimes I can hit the C too, but it is still uncontrollable. I have been doing range exercises as a warmup almost everytime I practice. I think it is a good way to prepare your lips for an intense practise session. My low range gets better too. When practising my range I try not to change my mouth position, just rather increase the tension on my lips. To get a fatter sound on the pedal notes I have noticed that it can be handy to lower the lower lip, but it does not train your embouchure that much.

Last Wednesday we had a marching session with the concert band. Normally I play a snare drum when we march, but for the first time I marched with my trombone. I have to say that it is quite hard to read the music when playing and walking at the same time. Some study will be needed to learn the marches by hard and to use the score as a mere reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment